So, it was a pretty eventful meeting. Interim leader Todd Frye introduced several important topics at the beginning of the meeting including the following:
- A big hearty congratulations to Keith, who won our in-club competition last night and will be sending his Imperial Porter to represent the Zymurgists of the Ozarks at the AHA Club-Only competition in August. the recipe for his award-winning porter can be found here.
- The new format of the meetings – We will have official business first followed by an educational portion, and social time at the end of meetings.
- The by-laws of the Zymurgists of the Ozarks – I brought some hard copies last night, but a copy has also been posted in the forums here. Please review the Constitution and By-Laws and make any recommendations you feel are necessary.
- It was proposed that at each meeting, we would attempt to have some organization to that Month’s themed tasting. If you have brought a home brew you would like feedback on or an example of style for that month’s educational portion, you will provide that to the person in charge of that week’s tasting at the beginning of the meeting. We will hold the tasting panel prior to the social period at the end of meetings to ensure the best possible feedback is received by homebrewers.
- We are currently working on establishing a homebrewing competition for the fall. So far, the tentative date is September 2nd, and the proposed style limitations are German Styles only. This will be our Oktoberfest competition this year. We will keep you updated as this progresses.
- Todd Frye has been speaking with the Beerknobbers (a homebrew club which meets on the same night as us) about possibly sending some delegates from one club to attend the other club’s meeting in July. He will keep us updated via the forums and/or email as to how that progresses.
- Mother’s Brewing Company has graciously offered us a club-only tour led by brewmaster Brian Allen on July 28th at 1pm. If you would like to attend, please RSVP via these forums or let me know at the next meeting so I know how many we can expect.
I’m sure I missed something, so if there is any more important business you’d like to bring up in relation to last night’s meeting which I have forgotten to add, please reply to this post. Thanks for being a part of this with us.