Title: Regular Monthly Meeting
Location: Springfield Brewing Company
Zymurgists of the Ozarks
Officers: Ben Stange (Pres), Michael Pittman (PR Director), Keith Bachman (VP), Ed Schneiderheinze (Secretary) Todd Frye (Treasure), Kassidy Polete (Media Director)
Guest: Ashton Lewis from Springfield Brew Co
Grab a beer, grab a chair, brief social time Springfield Brewing Co
Call to order Ben 8:53pm
September Meeting Minutes: Ed S.
Minutes read and accepted
Old Business: Ed S.
Dues - $25 per year to be voting member - paid membership to vote for 2/3 majority. Ben
New Dues are effective immediately, payable to Todd Frye.
Competition Committee Update Keith Bachman
Hoppy St Patrick Comp: To do list:
- Confirm Judges – Ashton Lewis has confirmed
- Create an advertisement flyer to hang up around town
- Completed by Keith
- Talk with Todd about a winners package – Keith
- $25 Home brewery gift certificate to all 1st place winners
- Talk with Matt Loll about etched glass mugs – Ben
- Look into the cost of medals – Ed
- Speak to Ashton Lewis about possible GABF pro/am entry for Best of show – Keith
- Ashton has agreed to this. This is not a guaranteed entry. Ashton will evaluate the top three places from best in show and determine if he would like to work with the brewer for a GABF entry.
Update - Logo Design - vote for approval Ben
Future events: Big Brew, Do Good, ZOO BBQ, etc.
Each event will be moved to old business for future discussion
Finalized list - Education themes for this year Michael
Completed: These are on the website
Call for any new business by members All
Beer, Wine, Cheese and Chocolate fest Feb 9th for 12-5pm. We do have a free both but all participants need to purchase a ticket. Anyone interested in representing the Zoo please see the forums.
Education portion - Hop Lobster Game/tour
Ashton Lewis conducted a fine tour of his facilities and presented the Hop Lobster game. If anyone is interested in Ashton’s challenge to brew the Hop Lobster see the forums. Their current batch should be available in the next 2 weeks for tasting. A special thanks to Ashton for hosting our club at the Springfield Brew Co and answering all of our questions.
Social Period of club - beer tasting, feedback, etc. All
Registration for our founding members is over, below is the list of all who met the requirements. We have 15 total:
Tim Rosse, Charles Hedin, Mike Zalewski, Ed Schneiderheinze, Ben Stange, Greg Knight, Todd Frye, Michael Pittman, Eric Johnson, Keith Bachman, Andrew Steiger, Todd Rock, Daniel Routh, Mike Rupp, Nathan Oberle.