10-16-2012 Meeting Minutes

Clock2

Zymurgists of the Ozarks            Meeting Minutes            10/16/2012

Location: The Home Brewery
Date:   10/16/2012
In attendance: 12

7:30 PM –  7:45 PM   0:15   Grab a beer, grab a chair, brief social time – Todd Frye

7:45 PM  –  7:50 PM   0:05   Call to order – Ben Called to order at 7:45pm

7:50 PM  – 7:55 PM   0:05   September Meeting Minutes – Ed

*There were no meeting minutes from September.  October will be the first meeting minutes.

7:55 PM  – 8:05 PM   0:10   New Business – Dues Amendments and dues this year – Ben and Keith

*Ben explained the new change to the bylaws to allow dues to be prorated and collected in January of each year.  Motion: Ed/2nd: Greg Vote: 100% pass

*Ben explained the dues of $10 for the rest of this year.  He explained that it allows a little seed money for the club to cover small cost.  He also allow the leadership committee to develop a plan for dues for next year and what they will be used for.  Motioned and 2nd:  Pass 100%.  Anyone who pays dues before Jan 1 2013 will be considered a Founding member; this will be displayed on their membership card. Dues collections started at this meeting.

8:05 PM  – 8:10 PM   0:05   New Business – Competition Committee – Keith

*Signup sheets were passed around for this committee

8:10 PM  – 8:15 PM   0:05   New Business – Requesting Volunteers – Teach a friend to Homebrew Day. Signup sheet – Michael

*Signup sheets were passed around for this event

8:15 PM  – 8:20 PM   0:05   New Business – Requesting Volunteers – Ozarks Beer Fest . Signup sheet – Todd Frye

*Signup sheets were passed around for this event; cost of the event is $25 in advance and $30 at the door

8:20 PM – 8:25 PM   0:05   New Business – Taking recommendations for education efforts/themes for 2012/2013 meetings.  Please submit your recommendations to Michael Pittman – Michael

*This was discussed; any ideas need to be submitted to Michael.  We also need volunteers to do the education portion of the meeting.  This will be held to 15-20 minutes each meeting.

Membership cards were shown to the members.  The design was passed with 100% of the votes.  Ed will start making membership cards for the people who paid at the October meeting.  These will be available at the next meeting.

The idea of having a separate table for people who want real feedback for their beer was discussed.  It was done this meeting as a trial and seemed to be well accepted.  In the future if you want to have real feedback for your beer there will be a table set aside with tasting cards.  Please feel free to leave your beer there and to also taste and judge the other beers on this table.

8:45 PM         Social Period of club – beer tasting, feedback, etc. – All

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *