Archive for August 2013

August Meeting Minutes 8/20/13

August 8-20-13 Member Monthly Meeting
@ The Home Brewery
Attendance: 20

7:50 PM Meeting called to order.

7:55 – 8:10 Old business – viewtopic.php?f=35&t=290

8:10 – 8:12 Todd’s Treasury Report

8:12 – 8:20 Art of Darkness Competition Update by Keith B.
*Deadline for entries Sept 13th and Judging Sept 21st @ 1 PM

8:20 – 8:25 Interclub Competition update from Chris B.

8:25 – 8:41 New Business
*Discussion of using some club funds for advertising our club with the use of Facebook and Business cards.
*Brought to vote and passed. Keith B. is heading up FB Advertising, Troy and Ken to take charge of Business Cards and other like media at the moment.

Upcoming possible events:
*Sept 6 St Joseph’s Poker Night, FLYER:  http://imgur.com/zQ0UVtb
*Oct 12th St Joesph’s Beer and BBQ, FLYER: http://imgur.com/ACqZh5l

Nov 23rd Beerfest @ University Plaza, We Will Be Able To Pour! Brew it up! We have decided to just go with kegs for easy clean up and less trash. If you need a keg for this event speak with Todd, but be respectful for equipment that is not yours.

Discussion of getting a bourbon barrel for club brews to age. More to come.

8:42 Meeting adjourned for educational portion. Followed by social time with good brew and good friends.

July Meeting Minutes 7/16/13

Title:   Regular Monthly Meeting
Location:   Home Brewery
Date:   7/16/2013
Attendance: 15

Zymurgists of the Ozarks

Officers: Ben (Pres), Michael (PR Director), Keith (VP), Randy (Secretary)
Todd (Treasure), Kassidy (Media Director)
7:30 PM – 7:45 PM  Grab a beer, grab a chair, brief social time   Organizer: The Home Brewery

7:45 PM – 7:50 PM  Call to order Organizer: Ben S.

7:50 PM – 8:10 PM  Education Portion – Hybrid Beer Discussion Organizer: Tim R.

8:10 PM – 8:15 PM  June Meeting Minutes   Organizer: Kassidy

8:15 PM  – 8:20 PM  Treasurer’s Report   Organizer: Todd F.

8:20 PM – 8:25 PM  Competition Update – Keith Bachman

8:25 PM – 8:35 PM  “Old Business – Organizer: Ben S.
*Logo Care Package, Ben delivered by hand to Erin 7/6/2013
*Mentioned possible Zoo Stamp and How to Brew Poster (look online)
*Keith W. provided update on Pro Am with SBC.
*Discussed preparations for Craft Beer Bash.
*Membership cards were available to hand out for this meeting.   Kassidy

8:35 PM – 8:40 PM   Election of new secretary – Ben S.
Keith Wallis elected unanimously to post.

8:40 PM – 8:50 PM  Call for any new business by members   Ben S.
*Keith Wallis (Oktoberfest @ Mother’s)  – Michael to speak with Holly Mills about this.  Possibly more than one batch brewing at a time, make brewing more visible.
*Discussed the potential for homebrew completion with Joplin and surrounding areas (to discuss on forums). Todd R. to discuss with others in the area as well.
*Ben reminded club of upcoming elections and nominations period from August meeting to September meeting.

8:50 PM – 10:30 PM   Social Period of club – beer tasting, feedback, etc.

Total      3:00

585 @ Brew Co!

585 went on tap this Friday! Be sure to check it out… and tell ’em the ZOO sent ya! (Oh, BTW: SBC will have 585 in bottles later this week. Pick up a 6 pack and hoist a toast to Keith’s awesome work!)

GEDSC DIGITAL CAMERA

SBC Pro Am Brew Day

Last Saturday, our Hoppy St. Patrick’s Day ‘Best of Show’ winner, Keith Wallis, got to brew his ESB with Springfield Brewing Company to send as a Pro-Am entry at the 2013 GABF. Look for 585 on tap in September! A big THANK YOU to SBC for giving the ZOO, and Keith, this opportunity!

keith2

 

Leadership Minutes 8/3/13

8/3/13 Officers Meeting

Location: Springfield Brewing Company

Attendance: Ben (Pres.), Michael (PR Director), Keith B. (V.Pres.), Todd (Treasurer), Keith W. (Secretary).

Time Opened: 9:35 AM

Discussion of planning a tour of White River Brewing for dues members, Octoberish.

Discussion of Club T-shirts. More info to come as to logo and placement, color, batch order vs. order to have on hand, importance of identifying marker at events, etc. Urging to be brought up at membership meeting.

Judging for Art of Darkness competition was discussed briefly as to who had been confirmed and still pending, current entry #’s, storage of entries.

Discussion of upcoming events: Ozarks Beerfest 2013, Nov 23rd. With the new law passed pertaining to home brew, it looks as if we will be able to pour at this event under a blanket type permit. Discussed importance of participation, as well as importance of kegs over bottles for serving purposes. Discussion on rotating taps to keep interest up. More to come as more info arises, but participation is needed to get our name out there and spread the word of home brewing and the love of craft beer.

Adjourned: 9:55 am